Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NCAA Championship

Last night we watched the NCAA championship at home with some friends...

I have been trying to branch out a bit on some of our regular weeknight meals, and I made this Salmon once before for the boys and it was a huge hit, so I decided to make it last night. It was SO good, and I have to share...

First, I took the Salmon and marinated it in "Garlic Expressions". If you haven't had this, you are MISSING out. We get ours at TOP foods, but I know Central Market and QFC usually have it as well. It looks like this:                                                               

It is all natural, relatively low in calories, and absolutely delicious. I then covered the salmon with red onions, lemons, ground italian hers, salt and pepper. I put it in a tin foil tent and in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes...I just keep an eye on ours as it cooks because this obviously varies with the size of the filet.

As an appetizer, I split a ciabatta loaf in half, drizzled some of the garlic expressions, white truffle infused olive oil, thinly sliced tomatoes, and Beecher's Flagship cheese and then broiled it to melted goodness.

I also prepped a salad bar as the side dish with our salmon. We love our salads, and its a great way to get Griff to eat his veggies:)
 Nick got me this awesome serving tray for Valentine's Day and I love it. It goes great with my Fiestaware:) Toppings include: hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, avocado, red pepper, red onion, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, goat cheese, and croutons. We always buy the organic spring mix from Costco...its delicious with the Arugula.

All in all, it turned out pretty delicious, and it was healthy to boot:)


ALSO---a great alternative to unhealthy salad dressing...Bolthouse Farms Yogurt dressing. SO good, and doesn't taste like "fat free" dressings normally do, and its all natural. Griff loves it and doesn't know the difference. They have a bunch of flavors, but we always keep the ranch on hand:)

                                                               
                                                                 

YUM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment