Monday, July 9, 2012

Flower Bed REDO...Mom and Dad to the rescue!

As I've mentioned, our yard is definitely a work in progress. Nick does an awesome job mowing and edging, but the flowers beds have proven to be my arch nemesis. With the summer in full swing, I figured it was time to get my act together and really tackle the largest, most overgrown bed. Luckily, mom offered to come over for a weekend and help me get it all in order. 

Friday Dad came before Mom to spend some quality time with Nick and I. We had a wonderful dinner with our cousins and then just hung out at home. 

On Saturday, Dad and I shared a quiet morning watching Nick and my new favorite show, Newsroom. Dad agreed that it was pretty fantastic--we may have convinced him to get HBO:) Next we ran errands around town and Dad helped me pick out some fun pots for the patio. When Mom got here, we got to work...starting to plant the loads of beautiful plants that mom had brought. The best part was that each plant was either purchased for us by mom, one of my grams, or my Meme or they came directly from their gardens. In the end, my entire garden is a reflection of the most amazing women in my life. So incredibly thoughtful, and I will always remember this when I look outside. 

When Griff got home, the fun really began! 

Below is a string of pics from Mom and Dad rocking out to Griff's iPad...o dear.



Dad got his Father's Day gift from Griff:) He loved it!


After: Left Side **The yellow stuff is Preen

After: Right Side
Full Picture
Before and After



GROW TOMATOES!!! Can't wait!




Silly Boys

On our way home from a wonderful dinner with some great family friends, Griff fell asleep in the car. The following ensued:

Griff: {Waking up} Stace?
Mom: Yes, little Buddy?
Griff: I think I need to take a nap
Mom: Ok, little Buddy...go ahead
Griff: Will you hold my hand?
Mom: Absolutely...

So precious...I love these moments of the little boy in him....

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for such a wonderful weekend! My yard thanks you too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment