Sunday, April 21, 2013

Buster Brown turns 9 - A Speed and 'Stache Bash was in order...

It is crazy to say that our Buster Brown is on the eve of double digits...but his spunky and sweet personality gets better by the day, and we continue to love every second spent with him.

A lot of birthday party ideas were thrown around, and finally he asked that Nick and I surprised him...lucky he coined it his best birthday yet and seemed to thoroughly enjoy his special day. 

 


 We had his party at Traxx racing. All of the kids were able to race gas powered race cars around a track, jump on a Velcro wall, play unlimited video games and also watch some adults race on the big track. It was SO BOY and SO FUN!



 

 

 











 
 










Nick and his guys!










 Even the adults got to race...needless to say, out of heat of 12...I was dead last. Thinking I'm better as a spectator, LOL..I'm way too responsible...




 


Nick and I both were raised in families were birthdays were a big deal...and thus, we have passed along that tradition to Griffen. This year, Griff is OBSESSED with music, which is so fun to watch him with Nick, rocking out to their favorite songs. We decided we wanted to give Griff an experience, rather than a gift, and so the plan was hatched to take him to his very first concert, Justin Timberlake in Canada this summer. The 3 of us will go for a couple of nights, make some family memories, and then share in something pretty amazing--Griff's first concert!! 

I came up with the idea of a scavenger hunt to break the news...my mom and dad used to do that for my sister and I and we always loved it...and so....as the pictures below illustrate...Griff found out he was going to a concert, but only after a little investigative work:)










 









 


 



 







New favorite pic of all time...love these boys!



 

Happiest of birthdays to our caring boy who makes being his parent the most rewarding, amazing thing in the whole world.

A big thanks to all our friends and family who took time to celebrate with us. We truly are so blessed that Griffen is surrounded by so much love, and we cannot thank you all enough--especially Davis...Griff's little buddy:)




No comments:

Post a Comment