{thankful}
I am thankful for my beautiful, non-traditional, crazy family of 4.
I'm thankful for my marriage and for the last year--our best year of marriage by far. I'm thankful that today I can wake up every morning loving the man beside me more than the day before. I'm thankful that I wake up in the middle of the night and he is holding my hand. I'm thankful for his passion, dedication to our family, his humor, his drive to succeed, and his patience with both Griff and I. I'm thankful for his resilience, his willingness to be vulnerable, and I'm thankful he's my best friend.
I'm thankful that Nick provided me with the opportunity to be a "bonus" mommy to Griff. I'm thankful every day for Griffen's place in my life. I'm thankful for his growth as a little man over the past year, and I'm thankful that this morning as I kissed him goodbye, he smiled with his big gap-toothed grin and said he loved me with the little lisp that has developed with his missing teeth. I'm thankful that he still begs me to have "sleepovers" in the living room so we can snuggle with Scoot and watch movies. I'm thankful that he has a one of a kind spirit that cannot be broken.
I'm thankful for my little fur-kid, my little bubbas, who has represented so much to all of us at different times. He's our comedian, our friend, our confidant, our snuggle bug, our wiggle butt, and our challenge. I'm thankful that Nick agreed to give this commitment a go...and I'm thankful that now, in year 3, Scoot has found a perfect place in our lives (panty chewing and blanket sucking included).
I'm thankful for my parents, my sister, Lynn, Chris and LeeAnne, Adam, Kalena, Burgy, Lolli, Gracie...They are the foundation of where we are and have given us unwavering support and love. They are the best grandparents, the best parents, the best aunts/uncles, the best siblings...
I'm thankful for our extended family from Spokane to Seattle to Vegas and back. They have loved and supported us through thick and thin.
I'm thankful for all of our amazing friends...all from different points in our lives, that make our lives full of love, adventure, and friendship...I'm thankful that they all love Griff with all their hearts.
I'm thankful that both Nick and I have jobs that we love and that can provide for our family.
I'm thankful for our cute little home that is cozy and warm and full of love.
I'm thankful for our health, and for our strong bodies that allow Nick to play basketball, Griff to scoot around for as long as his little heart desires, and me to go to hot yoga.
* To all our family and friends:
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a part of our lives. Thank you for your love and support and for being an integral part of the body of thankfulness that my family cherished this holiday weekend. Thank you for being you and for adding to our lives by simply being present.
We love you all to the moon!




No comments:
Post a Comment