This weekend I headed home to help host a baby shower for 2 of my cousins, April and Marla.We had an absolute blast, and I even got some sister time in as well!
Friday night was girl's night with Grandma. We went shopping and had dinner together. Mom even surprised me with a haircut/color with my cousin Lindsey! I felt so spoiled:) Mom was in rare form, and the laughs continued when we got home.
 |
| She REALLY liked her pork chop... |
 |
| He thinks he's human/a lap dog |
| Saturday we arrived early at my Auntie Dawn's to get everything set up. My cousins, Cait and Em, were home from Seattle too, and we all had a great time catching up. Mom gave them each a special piece of her own Lois Hill collection. So special! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| The yummy spread |
Meg and Mom made pear champagne vinaigrette salad, Auntie Dawn and the girls made AMAZING sandwiches with roasted red peppers, chicken, pesto, and feta, and then I made the fruit salad waffle cones.
 |
| My little paper chain decoration |
The party favor was "Ready to Pop" treats that Mom and Meg made. They turned out SO cute!
 |
| My cousin Eric's girlfriend sent her famous cake pops! |
Megs made cute name blocks that doubled as gifts and decorations.
Here are some fun pictures from presents....
 |
| Davis was such a helper! |
 |
| He even got Mom his own present.. |
 |
| Cute Sport Socks from Davis! |
 |
| From Chan!!! |
 |
| Auntie Chan made sure to remember Cole's big brother! |
 |
| So cute--Chan of course! |
 |
| From Auntie Marla and Uncle Jade |
 |
| Sweet Quinn...she wasn't too enthused. |
 |
| Lou Lou getting Baby Blake snuggles |
 |
| Great Grandma with Baby Blake! |
 |
| COUSINS! |
Sunday we made homemade breakfast and just spent some quality time together...Dad got in some Rudy cuddles...
Before I caught my flight, I was so blessed to be able to head to the hospital to meet sweet Cole. He was so excited to be a part of our crazy family, he made his entrance to the world a bit early, but he's doing wonderfully...
 |
| Look at his sweet little hand! |
 |
| why hello handsome! |
 |
| Seahawk fan! |
 |
| Davis and I with our matching kicks... |
Our family is so blessed to welcome Cole and Elle! The God given blessing of carrying children and giving birth is so fragile. I really realized how much we often take for granted...its not just about natural childbirth or cloth diapers or loosing the baby weight....its just about welcoming a healthy little life into this world safely. Life is so precious. My cousin April is seriously my hero. She is so strong and amazing (and her hubby too). They truly understand the blessing of being parents, and I look to them with admiration and respect. And my cousin's wife Marla has embraced her pregnancy while also managing Type 1 Diabetes...she looks AMAZING, and we are all so thrilled for her and Jade. I just feel so thankful and blessed to be a part of such a strong, loving family.
No comments:
Post a Comment