Last night's menu was Red Curry Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. I love to cook chicken this way, and my boys love it too. I added sweet potatoes last night at my hubby's request, and going forward, they will definitely become a staple. I can't wait for Griff to come home so he can try them this way.
Ingredients:
*Chicken: I use boneless, skinless thighs because my boys prefer it, but breasts would work too
*1 can Lite Coconut Milk: mine was from Trader Joe's
*1-2 TBSP of red curry paste: found in the Thai section; This stuff is AWESOME. The green kind is also great. Negligible calories, great flavor!

*2c Mushrooms
*1 white onion
*4 Large Sweet Potatoes
*2c Chicken Broth
*Johnny's to taste
*Sea Salt to taste
*Fresh garlic
1. Put chicken, sliced mushrooms, 1/2 can of coconut milk, 2 TBSP of red curry paste, and 1c of chicken broth in a pan. Bring to a rolling boil (I like this because it cooks off the liquid, so you get a creamier consistency).
2. In a separate pan, put sliced onions, sweet potatoes (sliced thin), other 1/2 of the coconut milk, 1c of chicken broth, garlic, and Johnny's. Also bring this to a rolling boil.
3. The timing on this varies, but I just keep an eye on both. When the potatoes are soft, you should be good to go.The liquid in the chicken should cook down to a creamy sauce.
I topped our potatoes with all natural sour cream (Lilly brand, SO GOOD)...
Healthy to boot...only about 300 calories per serving (1 piece of chicken and 1/4 of potatoes, 2 TBSP sour cream)...PLUS its even more delicious as leftovers:)

No comments:
Post a Comment